Monday, September 19, 2011

One Hour

I don't know about you, but when I read this passage, I can immediately relate : " And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?" Matthew 26:40  ONE HOUR ! Peter couldn't even stay up and pray with Christ for one hour! Sound familiar ? Many of us; like Peter, have good intentions. Unfortunately when it comes right down to it, an hour can seem like a long time to pray. We've had a long day, we're tired. . . is there a solution ? Because we know the flesh is weak Mark 14:38 I have found three things in particular that help combat the flesh. (1) Pick a time of day to pray when your energy level is high! For me it is early in the morning. It may be a different time for you. If we know the flesh is weak, pick a time when it is strong. (2) Begin praying about something that you have a passion for. For me it is family. One by one, name by name. Do you want to see the lost saved and the saved grow in Christ? When we pray with passion and purpose we remain alert. (3) Pray when you HAVE TO BE alert. Do you have a long drive ahead of you? Utilize that time to be productive for the kingdom ! Before you know it ONE HOUR might become more !!

No comments:

My Blog List

Search This Blog