Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Living Epistles

Did you ever consider the fact that your life may be the only "epistle" that the unsaved ever read? 2nd Corinthians 3:2 says " Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men. . . written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God." Even if we are unable to witness to our neighbor, our life can speak to the faith we hold dear. Charles H. Spurgeon may have said it best in his book "Only a Prayer Meeting" "When saints live unto God, sinners are converted to God. 'I was converted,' said one, 'not by hearing a sermon, but by seeing one.' 'How was that?' he was asked. 'My next-door neighbour was the only man in the street who went to a place of worship; and, as I saw him go out as regularly as clockwork, I said to myself, "That man regards the Sabbath, and the God of the Sabbath, and I do not." By-and-by, I went into his house, and I saw that comfort and order reigned in it, while my room was wretched. I saw how his wife and children dwelt in love, and I said to myself, "This home is happy because the father fears God." I saw my neighbour calm in trouble, and patient under persecution. I knew him to be upright, true, and kind, and I said to myself, "I will find out this man's secret, and thus I was converted."' Preach by your hands if you cannot preach by your tongues." Or as it has been said another way. . . Preach the gospel to every creature and when necessary, use words!

No comments:

My Blog List

Search This Blog