Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Old Reliable

As I finished reading R.A. Torey's "The Power Of Prayer" the phrase "Old Reliable" came to mind. I say that because there are some disciplines of the Christian faith that never fail. They are the old reliable truths. Prayer,personal Bible study,soul-winning... they are all on that list. If we are serious about serving God and growing in our faith, there comes a time when we have to ask ourselves "what works?". What things has God used in my life to bring me closer to Him? May I propose that it is the fundamental "blocking and tackling" of the faith;practiced by believers since the days of the early church, that has served believers well through the years. I think the prophet Jeremiah put it best when he said: "You are standing at the crossroads. So consider your path. Ask where the old, reliable paths are. Ask where the path is that leads to blessing and follow it. If you do, you will find rest for your souls.”(Jeremiah 6:16)Is your soul in turmoil? Are you at a crossroads in your spiritual journey? Choose the old reliable path!

No comments:

My Blog List

Search This Blog