Thursday, January 2, 2020

I rang in the New Year for 2020 on the couch with a stomach virus. It was so severe even my dog Dixie came down with it! This episode was a staunch reminder of the delicate balance between physical health and sickness. Our bodies like the universe around us are held in beautiful orchestration by our Savior. As the Apostle Paul wrote: “and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.” Let’s begin the new decade echoing the thoughts of King David in Psalm 139: 14-17.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being imperfect; and in thy book all my members were written,
which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!

SELAH

No comments:

My Blog List

Search This Blog