Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Does the Bible Teach Us to Hate Anything?

Hatred of any kind is a very sensitive topic in our world today. Social unrest and racial tension almost everywhere we look. The Word of God however teaches that to love God and our fellow man (Matthew 22:37-39) is the “great commandment”. Despite this instruction, the Bible does teach us that there are some things that Believers should hate! My personal favorite is Psalm 101:2-3. “I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.”

So according to the inspired words of King David, we should hate the work of them that turn aside. Not those that turn aside, but the work. “Turn aside” is a reference to anything that distracts our attention from serving God. Remember Christian, we are called to hate the sin and love the sinner! Let’s focus on defeating the work that draws people away from the truth of the Gospel. Where does this campaign begin? David said in the same passage it begins right at home. “I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes:” Do you want to defeat the works that hinder the cause of Christ? - Christian, it begins at home!

No comments:

Search This Blog