Thursday, January 19, 2012

The "ABC"s of Prayer - N is for NEED

We are a needy people. In the book of Psalms alone this fact is mentioned a total of sixteen times ! Thankfully; to the extent that human beings are in need, God is able to deliver! Psalm 70:5 says "I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer." Amazing as it may seem, God turns a sympathetic ear to the voice of the needy. Knowing this, King David cried out to God: "Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy."(Psalm 86:1) To be in need is part of the human condition. How good to know that we as believers, have one who not only hears, but delivers! "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of NEED!" (Hebrews 4:16)

3 comments:

jeff noel said...

a blinding flash of the obvious. We ignore the obvious most of the time. It's the devil making us think if it's simple, it doesn't count or matter or make an impact.

Praying MANtis said...

Oh the lies! We need to be sensative to his devices. "He was a lier from the beginning and the Father there of "

Daniel Wilson said...

"We are a needy people."

Yes. How easy to think ourselves rich and increased with goods and in need of nothing!

My Blog List

Search This Blog